Style Share is a great way not only to show off your Le Tote items’ fit or style, but also to help fellow members check out the outfit IRL before they rent. Sara Davis, head photo & studio at Le Tote, shares her tips on how to take an amazing Style Share. Get ready to take notes!
- The best way to ace a Style Share is to have a friend take the picture so you can see the entire head-to-toe look.
- But if you are taking a photo of yourself in a mirror, place a full-length mirror in your bedroom or your living room next to the biggest window and then shoot.
- Make you sure you have enough distance between you and the mirror.
- As far as backgrounds go, remember, bare is better than too busy. Instead of having a bed full of clothes or a used towel hanging on a rack behind you, fold and clean up and make things look nice. Turn the distraction into graphic elements.
- Bathroom selfies are never ideal, not just for obvious reasons but also because of the lighting situation. Use an app like Snapseed or functions within your phone to fix the lighting if it feels dark.
Now that you have pro tips on how to take a great picture, here’s a quick reminder on the process of uploading those amazing Style Shares.
- You can Style Share from the desktop site or from the app.
- Once you have rated the fit and style of an item on desktop or the app, there will be a camera icon next to the item (circled above).
- Select that icon, upload your desired image, and viola! The image will be viewable by other members in tote swap and on the site.
For a chance to get featured in our Instagram style gallery, tag your photos #LeToteStyle.