Meet Leanna Olbinsky, our Style Share winner this month. She lives in downtown Boston with her best friend Ashley (a fellow toter) and works remotely for a fitness app called Sworkit. Leanna is all for improving herself inside and out and inspiring others to do so as well. “Life’s too short to not feel confident about who we are and what we deserve for ourselves.”
Leanna loves testing her willpower (recently she challenged herself to not look at her phone when she wakes up), her hot pink headphones, Kehlani’s music, hip-hop, R&B (check out her girl power playlists here), social media and fashion. “I think of fashion as a conversation starter and a way to feel connected to others and my culture.” Over to her for more style talk…
What’s your fashion formula?
My style is classic + sporty. If I’m going to wear a dress, I love pairing it with sneakers or a baseball cap. If I wear active wear, I usually pair it with hot pink lipstick. I think of fashion as a conversation starter and a way to feel connected to others and my culture.
What do you love most about Le Tote?
Le Tote really allows me to take control of my shopping itch. On Saturdays after a really long week of work I was like an animal let out of the cage. I would RUN to a shopping store, try on 50 things, buy them all, re-try them on at home, and never wear them again. I also feel way too guilty returning clothes — as if it hurts someone’s feelings if I do — so I’d be stuck with them. Le Tote has really calmed me down. Shopping for clothes is now something that I don’t feel guilty about and since the service is based off of returning items, it makes me feel so much less guilty! When I keep an item, I know that it’s because I’ve tried it, loved it, and have to have it. It’s really a no-brainer to me.
What are 5 things that every woman must have in her closet?
- A baseball cap: It does wonders, socially. If you don’t feel like talking to anyone, pull the cap down a little lower. If you want to be social, wear a hat that is from your favorite place or team. I once was offered a job after wearing an Ohio State hat and starting a conversation about it! Also, it’s great for a bad hair day!
- Ripped jeans: Ripped jeans in the summertime are my favorite. They pair so well with heels, giving me that sporty classic look that I love. Pair it with a flowy shirt for an effortless look, a bodysuit for a sexy look or a half-tucked in button-down for a really chic look.
- Turtlenecks: This is inspired by Vera Ellen and Kelly Ripa, these ladies pull off turtlenecks with A-line skirts oh-so-well. I love the combo, just add a staple heal and it’s a perfect look — for cooler weather, and also for spring.
- Black jeans: Black never goes out of style and it’s a color that works in the summer and winter. They give a look that says, “I’m ready for the day,” even when you really just want to crawl back into bed!
- A button-down: This is one of my favorites because I love all the different ways you can wear a button-down. Also, if you are ever going to get your hair and makeup done, (you should, you deserve it) button-downs are perfect for not ruining the curls and smudging makeup. I love wearing my button-down with jeans, gold heels, bright lipstick and full curls in my hair.
When in doubt, which styling trick do you fall back upon?
My smiling trick! Feeling confident with your style, your body and your presence starts with reciprocating it on others with a smile. It’s hard to smile when you’re not feeling comfortable or happy with yourself and there is always a way with fashion and style to find that comfort. When you can add a smile, even if you’re wearing the absolute weirdest outfit, someone is thinking, “Well, she’s pulling it off!”
Your fave fashion scene from a movie?
It’s from Save the Last Dance. Julia Stiles is going to the club for the first time with her new group of friends and she is wearing a pretty conservative outfit. Kerry Washington (who I just realized is the main actress is Scandal and oh my gosh do I feel old!) helps her out by switching up her outfit to fit in a little more with the crowd. Fashion is an artifact. Along with confidence and style, it can tell a lot about culture and history.
Finally, whose closet would you steal?
If I could steal someone’s entire closet it would definitely be Kelly Ripa.
Article writing is also a excitement, if you be acquainted with after
that you can write otherwise it is complicated to write.
Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a long time now and finally got the
courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Lubbock Tx!
Just wanted to say keep up the excellent work!
It’s hard to come by educated people for this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re
talking about! Thanks
I could not resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!
Very nice blog post. I absolutely love this website.
naturally like your web-site however you have to check
the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to inform
the reality nevertheless I will surely come back again.
I do trust all of the ideas you have presented on your
post. They are very convincing and will definitely work.
Still, the posts are very quick for starters. Could you please extend them a
bit from next time? Thank you for the post.