Blake Lively’s recent outings are nothing short of a master class in dressing up your bump. Here are 5 top lessons we learned:
1. Play with patterns & proportions. Proportions are everything when it comes to creating a winning ootd and when you have a bump in the picture, even more so. Stripes are always a staple but Blake added a fun third piece turning this simple pattern into something statement.
2. A belt is always a good idea. Little details always go the longest way. We love how a skinny belt draws attention to Blake’s bump. It’s especially helpful when you are in the initial phase of the pregnancy and want to work your look around the bump.
3. Don’t shy away from bling. Bling is beautiful and it complements that expectant mother’s glow. So take out the accessories; it’s the simplest way to lift any outfit or your mood.
4. Think about the hair and makeup. A happy lipstick, a trendy manicure, beautiful braid and maybe even some strobing… Don’t ignore the finishing touches that take a nice outfit to a great look.
5. Finally, don’t give up on style. It’s easy and often tempting to give up on style but it’s so much better not to. As they say, look good, feel great!