Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner, Karlie Kloss. If your style icons include these three names, then this is where you should start your summer style board. Here is how to dress like your favorite ‘it’ girl in three simple steps:
Step 1: Nail the athleisure separates
- The separates have to be easy, sporty and very relaxed.
- Keep the color palette neutral. Think grey, beige, greige, black, military green, navy and white.
- The tops: Graphic tees, basic tanks & ribbed vests with some crop tops thrown in to layer.
- The pants: Leggings, jeggings and jogger pants. If you find a pair of mom jeans you like, snap them quick!
Alternatively, slip on the cool girl dress
- If separates are hard work, then just get a hold of some dresses. Styles to look for include slip dresses, chambray or denim and basic jersey dresses with an edgy detail.
- Keep the styling very basic. White sneakers or thong sandals are a must.
Step 2: Think of the third piece
- This is where the ‘it’ girls stand out from the crowd — their third piece game is so strong.
- Silhouettes to look out for include bombers, army jackets and sleeveless vests in varying lengths.
- Experiment with print and color.
Step 3: Top off with these finishing touches
The four finishing touches you need are a baseball cap, choker (black is always best), Aviators and white sneakers. You’re all set, ‘it’ girl.