New York designer Norma Kamali recently won CFDA’s Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award making these two Kamali Kulture dresses at Le Tote even hotter property! Psst: We have many more styles coming this fall!
- 71-year-old Norma Kamali is a New York based designer.
- The iconic designer is best known for creating the sleeping bag coat in the 70s and popularizing shoulder pads for women in the 80s. She is also credited for designing high-heeled sneakers and promoting what we call ‘athleisure’ today.
- Kamali was the first designer to create an online store on eBay. Her work is also included in the collections of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Fans include Diana Ross, Madonna, Cher, Rihanna, Beyonce, Lady Gaga…
- Fun fact: She designed the iconic red bathing suit worn by Farrah Fawcett in the 1976 Charlie’s Angels poster!