We are thrilled to share that Le Tote has been picked for the final 100 in this year’s Sustainia100 publication. Here are five ways that Le Tote is helping create our sustainable future.
1. The average American generates 60 pounds of textile waste each year — that’s 19 billion pounds of textiles, 85% of which is sent to landfill (source: thredUP Annual Resale Report). With a Le Tote subscription, you are a part of the sharing economy and you reduce your carbon footprint without even knowing it!
2. Did you know that 80% of a woman’s wardrobe is not worn on a regular basis? Le Tote’s wear-return-repeat model helps women not to constantly shop for things they might never end up wearing. Wasteful retail practices have significant economic and environmental consequences. We’re committed to creating a sustainable, value driven solution for our members, Le Tote is doing its part to reduce fashion’s environmental footprint. Le Tote’s 100% return model also aims to reduce environmental waste, ensuring productive garment lifespans and ultimately decreasing landfill contributions.
3. Nearly 40% of women don’t feel completely confident about their personal style. With Le Tote’s try-before-you-buy mantra, women can now experiment with trends and new styles without the commitment of buying or a feeling of buyer’s remorse. It has helped many women who want to supplement their existing wardrobe in a sustainable, green way.
4. The average woman spends about $3,400 a year on apparel and 36% of women feel guilty spending money on clothing and accessories. With Le Tote, women can have a sustainable wardrobe for $708! Say NO to overspending, over production and environmental waste.
5. Did you know that not only does Le Tote take care of your laundry but it does so in an eco-friendly manner? We have just developed an apparel cleaning process that utilizes biodegradable detergents, resulting in a 36% more efficient cleaning process, 43% lower electricity usage, 11% lower gas usage and 50% less water.
PS: There’s another way Le Tote is adding to the green movement one tote at a time. Not only is our box made of partially recyclable material, it’s also totally recyclable. If you missed our Earth Day post, here are some ideas on how to repurpose you LT boxes. And don’t forget to pin your green ideas here!