Here is the ultimate guide to get into the mood for some road trippin’! The movies for inspiration, the music to set the mood and of course, the style vibe (courtesy Thelma & Louise). Get, set, vroom!
The style vibe aka tote
Thelma & Louise stole our hearts cruising through the Grand Canyon in their 1966 Ford Thunderbird convertible. And as the iconic movie celebrates 25 years this year, we find ourselves pinning their effortless style! Here is a look at the ultimate comfy chic staples we recommend for your road trip:
- Denim layer: A cute little vest or a denim jacket or even a knotted denim shirt, nothing says on-the-road like a denim layer.
- Non fussy bracelet: A simple bracelet that doesn’t come in the way of the wheel but is a cute enough detail for those dreamy Polaroids!
- Jeans: Enough said.
- Statement scarf: To protect your hair when it’s flying in the wind, a scarf is a window-down-kind-of-road-trip must.
- Easy tank. It’s comfy and chic, a tank is always a good choice!
Road trip hacks
- Keep things like paper napkins, spoons and cling film (to avoid spillage) handy for quick access.
- Always carry hand sanitizer or baby wipes in your bag. For that fresh, sweet-smelling feeling.
- Carry some snacks to keep you going till the next In-N-Out Burger!
- Download SitOrSquat to locate clean restrooms on the go.
- Invest in a car charger. You won’t regret it. And if you want to go real fancy, invest in a car cooler to keep your food and drinks cool.
- Save some quarters for vending machines. You never know when you need those quarters!
For those of us who are too lazy to make our own playlist, enter Spotify! Goodbye NPR!
Nothing beats a good old road trip movie to get you out of your couch! Some of our team’s favorites include Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Rain Man, Crossroads, Little Miss Sunshine, Easy Rider, Smokey and the Bandit, Duel, The Motorcycle Diaries and of course the epic National Lampoon’s Vacation.