In sync with the current political climate, we turn our focus to four fantastic women of Washington — real and reel — and get a peek into their totes. Check out what we think these these ladies would love to wear from Le Tote:
Michelle Obama: Classic with a twist
- Floral sheath: Florals definitely are her confidence print. And this floral sheath with its fit-and-flare silhouette is right up her alley.
- Statement necklace: The first lady doesn’t shy away from a bold and beautiful necklace. Enter, our tribal-inspired summer stunner.
- Classic wrap dress: Because a non-fussy wrap dress and kitten heel pumps are Mrs O’s go-to.
- Vibrant cardigan: Michelle Obama loves to layer with bright cardigans, so much so that she single-handedly gave the humble cardigan a new lease of life!
- Drop earrings: What better way than a gorgeous pair of dangling earrings to draw attention to those toned shoulders!
Claire Underwood: Less is more
- Black blazer: The MVP of Claire Underwood’s closet is without a doubt a black blazer. From the Russian president to UN meetings to democratic conventions, she handles them all in her power blazer.
- Pencil skirt: A fitted gray pencil skirt forms the foundation of a capsule wardrobe befitting the first lady. Hand her a blue button-down shirt and a pair of patent pumps and she means business.
- Fitted dress: Solid colors and silhouettes that are simple with a twist are her mainstay. Doesn’t this blue dress has Claire’s name written all over it?
- Simple studs: Only something discreet will do.
- Sparkly minaudiere: For all those state dinners, when her black structured bags are back at home, a bedazzling clutch bag is all she needs for those bare essentials.
Olivia Pope: Sleek & chic
- Statement outerwear: She’s all about a statement jacket — from trench coats to woolen car coats. This textured piece will definitely make a special place in her wardrobe.
- Station necklace: No bling chokers for her, Olivia Pope likes her necklaces long and delicate.
- Pretty studs: A pair of small earrings that don’t dare to distract from business.
- Drape blouse: A subtle drape blouse in a soft fabric does the job #LikeABoss.
- On-trend cape: We can totally see Ms Pope rocking this cape. Paired with wide legged pants, this power piece would close many a deal.
Jackie Onassis: Timeless style
- Trench coat: It’s a style staple — first lady or not!
- Tweed jacket: Few images are as ionic as Jackie O in her pink tweed suit and pillbox.
- Printed scarf: Second only to her oversized sunglasses, the printed scarf made bad hair days non-existent, both in her life and in pictures.
- Pearl earrings: For the days when she’s not wearing her signature pearl strands, these pretty earrings will make the cut.
- Pastel dress: An A-line silhouette in a feminine color is power dressing the Jackie O way.