Twin boys, event planning, homeschooling, personal training and nutrition coaching: Juggling responsibilities is just a day-in-the-life of this week’s Style Share, Natasha D. Le Tote helped this busy mom ditch her yoga pants and spandex for joggers and jewels, and getting to know her was an inspiration!
“I have a lot of excuses for living in exercise clothes but once my boys were no longer babies, I decided to make an effort to develop my own personal style and “just say no” to yoga pants! I’ve learned that you never regret taking the time to dress well— even if I’ve swapped the boardroom and lunch meetings for the grocery store and play dates.”
1) The feature I get the most compliments on is my………. Thanks to genetics, I get the most compliments on my legs. Note to self: Try more skirts in future totes. It really is the best way to experiment with different styles and push your own boundaries!
2) My top winter trend is…..
a) Blanket scarves
b) Car coats
d) Chelsea boots
a) Blanket Scarves. I’m all about scarves. Many women admit to being overwhelmed by accessories and how to use them, which I totally understand, but what they don’t realize is that all you have to do is throw on a scarf and you immediately appear to know what you’re doing!
3) My ideal travel destination is……..Our family is big on travel. In fact, many of my Le Tote style shares are from pictures of us traveling the world. The crazy thing is, we travel carry-on only so every single piece of clothing or accessories has to be vital or it doesn’t make the cut. Whether it’s 2 weeks or 2 months, I only bring items that are versatile and I absolutely refuse to wear zip-off pants! With some staple pieces and a bit of trial and error, it’s entirely possible to be stylish while traveling light.
4) My favorite pattern is……Tartans. Of all the countries I’ve visited, Scotland remains my favorite and I love incorporating the tartan patterns into my outfits. I even wore one on my wedding day nearly 15 years ago (long before I had any sense of style!).
5) My style icon is………94-year-old Iris Apfel. Her iconic style is ridiculous and inspiring all at the same time. She proves that style is what you make it and that people’s opinions only matter if you choose to let them matter.
6) If you could give your fellow toter’s one piece of Style advice, what would it be? We all want our totes to be full of wins but I encourage you to pick at least one piece in each tote that’s a stretch for you. A pattern, color, or piece that you would never pick up in a store. Worst case, it looks terrible and lesson learned. But best case? You discover something completely new to you and take one more step toward defining your own unique style!
Check out Natasha’s review of Le Tote on her blog, fabulouslydomestic.com >