It was a fun and fashionable year! Here is a look at some of the top trends that the Le Tote gang rocked in 2015:
- Bohemian rhapsody: Peasant dresses shared closet space with bodycons, the free spirit boho mood went beyond music festivals, we went boho chic!
- That ’70s show: Bell sleeves, chokers, jumpsuits, Halton Heritage-esque silhouettes, the Seventies came back with a bang.
- Double denim: The humble denim went from basic to basically fabulous this year. Jean jackets, shirts, overalls, mini and midi skirts, we wanted everything denim! Denim worn with denim was doubly delightful.
- Wide leg pants: We cheated on our skinny jeans with wide leg pants. Cropped, frayed, raw and classic flared hem, they came in all styles.
- The cold shoulder: A sneak peek of skin in cold shoulder tops and dresses, or completely off the shoulder, the shoulder was on full showcase this year.
- Capes & ponchos: This fall, we lived in our relaxed ponchos. And our peplums were replaced by cute cape-style tops.
- Layered necklaces: Dainty, delicate and darling necklaces layered together were the it accessories this year, worn both casually with button-down shirts or more dressed up.
- Stacked midi rings: Stackable midi rings adorned most hands in 2015. We played a good game of mix and match.
- Fine jewelry: We used Le Tote for our daily bauble needs and saved up the $$$$ to snag the precious pieces.
- Bucket bag: Mansur Gavriel created the first post-recession it bag and it was a bucket bag. Easy, comfy and very cool, bucket bags adorned the shoulder of every it girl.
- Lace up shoes: Every fashionista worth her hashtag owned a pair of these beauties. We rocked them as flats or heels or both!
- Brow bar sunglasses: Dior sparked off the trend and suddenly they were everywhere, including our totes!
- The skinny scarf: A skinny scarf draped casually, a bow tied cutely around the neck, a necktie for a dash of androgyny, #ootds were completed by the one and only scarf.
- Fringe everything: If there’s one thing that dominated the year, it was a good fringe. From bags to boots, shawls to skirts, it was fringes all the way.
- The berry lip: A nice, strong mouth is sometimes all you need to go from meh to whoa. And this year that color was a rich delicious berry.