Fuchsia pink, scarlet red, bold purple, oxblood and so-now berry… Some pointers to help you nail the season’s statement lip
- Find colors that make you feel good. What does magic for your best friend might not really do much for you. Browse the stores, peruse pinterest, try till you find the right brights for you. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Are your lips lipstick ready? If not exfoliate with a lip scrub or a DIY one — just mix some sugar in olive oil and you are one step closer to smooth lips.
- Line your lips neatly with a lip liner and fill them in roughly with the pencil before applying your lipstick for a longer stay. Oh, and have you tried the invisible or universal lip liner? It does the job and you don’t have to buy matching liners to all your lipsticks. #cheapandchic
- Seal the deal. Apply concealer around the lips to avoid bleeding of the lipstick.
- Think about the look. Balance your eye makeup the day you are going with a strong lip statement. Unless of course you are heading to a Gatsby party!