Recipes, outfits, ole! We turned to a few of our favorite foodie blogs for recipes and cocktails for the festive Holiday! Plus some of our new patterns and accessories are perfect for a hostess or party attendee! Enjoy.
What makes a great Cinco De Mayo party? Guac. And Cocktails. Honestly, that’s pretty much all you need. Maybe some salsa. We turned to What’s Gaby Cooking for a delicious and simple Guacamole Recipe that you have to try!
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeño
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, lime juice, red onion, chives, jalapeño, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until half smooth and creamy. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 whole strawberries hulled and sliced into quarters (so you’ll have about 12 pieces of strawberry)
- 4 ounces light rum
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Sparkling water or club soda
- In a small pot, make simple syrup by combining sugar and water together and melting over medium heat until all the sugar has dissolved. Set aside and let cool.
- In four 10ounce glasses, place 3 strawberry pieces in each glass and add 23 mint leaves on top. Juice about a tsp. of lime juice into each glass. Using the back of a spoon, gently mull the strawberries, mint, and lime juice together until the strawberries and mint begin to macerate. At this time, put 12 tbsp of the cooled simple syrup into the glass, add the rum (evenly in each glass), ice cubes, then fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water or club soda. Garnish with more mint leaves and a slice of lime.
- If you’d like, go ahead and try this recipe by muddling the sugar in when you begin to mix the lime, strawberries, and mint! Unless you’d like to make the simple sugar and use it for other delicious cocktails and recipes around your home!